Turquoise Smokey Cut Crease makeup look [first picture tutorial!]

Friday 23 December 2011

 [picture heavy post!]
So this is my first picture tutorial.. it took a while and is a lot more longer to do than my normal posts but I had the time so I thought why not!
I tweeted for colour combination suggestions for my next makeup look and Sarah of Glittery Allsort suggested a turquoise silver look. I decided to make use of my new Kiko purchase and do a white-turquoise look using the 169 white glittery eyeshadow and the LE Sleek Caribbean palette again (it's becoming a favourite!)
I hope you like this colour combo, I'm starting to like doing contrasting cut creases of late, so hope you don't mind a break from the neutrals! 

Products used:
> UDPP & NYX JEP in Milk
> Kiko single e/s in 169
> La Femme pressed eyeshadow (refill in Z palette) White
> Sleek Caribbean palette - Apres Midori, Blue Lagoon, Purple Haze, Singapore Sling & Espresso Martini
> UD 24/7 eye pencil in Zero
> UD Ink for Eyes in Zero
> UD Heavy Metal glitter liner - Catfight
> UD Cannonball and Curling Mascara
> Khuraira ACC in light & MAC studio concealer in NC35
> UD Brow box in Brown Sugar
> Kiko Warm Tangerine Glow blush palette
> Kiko Super Gloss in 129

Start by applying UDPP to the eyelid:
Spread the primer all over the eyelid til its clear (or thereabouts!):
Then add NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk on the eyelids too, (making sure to blend everywhere too):
Using a flat shadow brush, pat on white/silver eyeshadow on the eyelid. In this case I used the Kiko 169 single eyeshadow:
Add a white shadow to the brow bone too; you can use the excess of the eyeshadow you used for the eyelid:
Add Blue Lagoon from Sleek's Caribbean palette to the middle of the eyelid:
Add Apres Midori to the blue to make a turquoise-ey colour (or you can just use a turquoise colour straight on the middle eyelid!):
Using a small defining brush, dip it in the black eyeshadow (Espresso Martini) and draw in the crease line:
Using a fluffy blending or crease brush, add more Espresso Martini above the crease and upwards, using windscreen wiper motions:
Add a matte white eyeshadow to the brow bone, also using a blending brush. I used the La Femme white eyeshadow I have in my Z Palette:
You can alternate adding more black and white until you're happy with the blending. Use a cotton wool bud lightly dipped in makeup remover to clean the edges, taking it in an diagonal upwards direction towards the end of the brow:
So it looks like this:
You can use a blending brush to blend any sharp edges created by the removal of excess makeup. Go into the bottom inner corner with a definer brush using the same white shadow you used on the top eyelid:
Using Singapore Sling and Purple Haze, follow through the bottom lash line making a purple-pink colour:
Line the inner eyes with UD Zero eyepencil (top and bottom):
It should look something like this:
Go in with Espresso Martini to fill the brows (if you like dark brows like me!) or stick to a brown (or add both like me!):
To look like this:
Line the top of the eyes with a black liner like the cream liner UD ink for eyes in Zero:
Using UD Heavy Metal glitter liner in Catfight, line the bottom lashline on top of the colours you put there before (Singapore Sling & Purple Haze):
Use the UD Cannonball Mascara for both top and bottom lashes:
Then go over with UD curling mascara for extra oomph:
Conceal under the eyes:
Add bronzer and blush (I've used Kiko tangerine glow set for this):
To finish off, use a lip colour of your choice.. I would have chosen a pink to match the eyes but I wanted to try the new Kiko lipgloss I bought!
So the final look:
And more pics of the eyes:
 
Hope you liked this picture tutorial.. it took a while but I got there in the end! Don't know when the next one will be but hopefully sometime soon!


<3

22 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful look...I'm gna try attempting it...x keep up the gud wrk though..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I like these white base looks alot.. And it is really nice that u made a picture tutorial widdit, thanks babe! I'll be looking out for more, inshAllah!

    Love u, muahh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy a Pik-torial!
    I Love this look, Very pretty Masha'Allaah!
    Hope to see more piktorialz soon =p
    Maymoonah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very artistic love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look. Thank you so much for the tutorial it's really useful. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done!! You have awesome lashes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Masha allah you have such pretty eyelashes you don't need mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post! love the look =) xxx

    http://samram1214.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is amazing. so perfect! xo
    eeevc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you my lovelies! hope you enjoyed the look as much as I did creating it, please do let me know if any of you attempt it, would love to see!

    Hope to do more tutorials too (if I get the time!)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this look! I've been feeling so uninspired to create any looks lately, but you make me really want to step up my sneaker inspired makeup series!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOOW THAT`S SOOOO GREAT:D YOU ARE SO AWESOME AND BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours look great on you ! And the step by step pictures were great. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. New Follower <3 Love This Look. Just Beautiful :) You Are Very Talented & Happy i Found Your Blog. Would Love If You Could Swing By Mine & Follow Back :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, your makeup application is flawless!And you are so pretty, mashAllah. Count me in as your follower ;)
    Really awesome blog too.
    Check mine out: allthingsgirlish.blogspot.com
    would love any suggestions from you.
    cheerio!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing love the final look!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, love how the look has come together at the end xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)