Newly packaged Baked Bronzers

Sunday 29 May 2011

If you're looking for sun-kissed skin, this baked bronzer available in 3 shades may be what you're looking for.
These bronzers are described as being "a super fine powder baked on a terra cotta disc for 24 hours and then hand-finished by a factory full of motherly Italian women". The resulting sheer finish can be used dry or wet, to get whichever desired level of bronzed-ness required.
The actual bronzers haven't changed, only the packaging, as Urban Decay wanted to do away with the "baked" muffin tin, in place for a more sophisticated (and compact) packaging. 
The components now correspond to the product: Gilded - golden; Baked - bronze shimmer; Toasted - bronze with matte.
I got Baked and Gilded, so here's what the new packaging looks like next to the old packaging:

old packaging                                    vs                          new packaging:

Much more compact, not to mention a bit more glamorous!
The updated design on the lids look nicer too (as opposed to the splodge/star):
 And the back- more simpler design:
Gilded is a bronze shimmer with veins of gold, suitable for tanned to dark skin tones:
Baked is a peachy bronze shimmer, suitable for paler skin tones due to its peach and sheerness:
And swatches:
Gilded definitely has a golded glimmer to it, whereas Baked is a shimmery peach-bronze. 
I'm not really a bronzer person as I feel I can look too tangoed or if using matte bronzers - dirty.
The Baked one is my favourite so far as it isn't too overpowering, but I'll see how I get on!
All are still priced at £20 each and available now via Debenhams.com or officially on counters by 15th June.


Which bronzers would you recommend? Have you tried these bronzers before? 

<3

2 comments:

  1. I haven't ever tried these, they look quite shimmery would you recommend them for contouring?

    Check out my blog and follow please! I'm new at the game and doing a giveaway at 50 followers :) xx

    http://yeahfiaso.blogspot.com/2011/06/mac-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. @FiaSo- I wouldn't really recommend Gilded for contouring, if you want to contour then Toasted (the matte bronzer) is much better for that. Gilded gives a nice gold shimmer, whilst Baked gives a peachy shimmer. You may be able to use Baked for contouring as it's more pigmented than Gilded :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)