Vitality Show Haul

Thursday 24 March 2011

Ok, so strictly speaking I didn't actually get much of a "haul" and it's not even all makeup, but payday's tomorrow and I bought a bit of food so it doesn't look like much lol!
I went with my friend from uni and we were attracted to a nail art stand at the front, which I'd seen on OMG! polish 'em!'s blog, but didn't know how it worked. 
You basically get a metal stencil, that you paint over with the colour of your choice (black in our case) then scrape off the excess, press a sponge applicator thingy onto the still wet stencil and press onto your nail. You add a clear topcoat and voila! design on the nail. The demonstrator showed us that we can add crystals too, I chose a purple one to go with my Rimmel Pro "Pop Rose" pink nails; my mate chose clear/crystal.
 
And both of our nails:

I stopped by the Witch Skincare stand and bought the Skin Clearing Primer for £5 (usually £6.99 in Boots) which allowed me to pick another Witch skincare product for free!
After discussing about my experience with witch hazel products in secondary school (how it felt drying and my skin is already dry!), I tried the product and it felt comfortable. I was told I can even wear it without foundation on top (which is great cos I only really wear concealer on a day to day basis). 
I chose the Natural concealer as my free item, as it suited my skin tone quite ok, despite being the only shade of concealer, which in itself amazed me as I find it hard to find concealers for my yellow tone.
The product doesn't strongly smell of witch hazel which is great, so I look forward to using them soon!
The Sally Hansen Miracle Cure was free with the Top Sante magazine I bought, I did however pass by the Sally Hansen stand who were doing manicures for £5! Yesterday I bought the Sally Hansen Insta Dry topcoat (which I used today on top of the pink), which is pretty amazing. Usually I would have got my nails smudged and they'd end up looking awful, but the Insta Dry really does help it dry faster.

My final purchase (aside from all the food), was from a stand that had a lot of asian-style jewellery sets; chunky crystal necklaces and matching earrings; in short, the type I've seen in Green Street. I've bought a set or two from Green Street and they're usually £20-40, (£20 if you've haggled well), so I was impressed to see the sets being sold for £10. The one that caught my eye however was cheekily sold as a necklace and earrings separately for £5, but I really loved the sparkle and design, so I bought both for £15.. which isn't too bad!
They'll come in handy for weddings ;)

So, that's my Vitality show post, I did manage to pick up some of my favourite drinks of late: Neuro drinks, my most favourite flavour is the NeuroTrim which tastes of lychees mmm! Their newest drink NeuroSun has a coconutty flavour which I'm still to discern whether I like it or not..

I bought two Neuro Trims, one Sun, one Sonic and one Bliss.. can't wait for the rest of the range to reach the UK!


<3

3 comments:

  1. Those drinks look crazy! I have never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i’m so glad i found a vitality post, i am going tomorrow and wanted an idea of what to look out for! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)