FFF: Red-Teal makeup look

Friday 27 April 2012

This weeks FFF is inspired by an item of clothing I was sent to do a makeup look for. I do have a couple outfits to match too so those will be my inspiration for the next couple looks.. I specifically chose this one for this week though so I could use the Illamasqua Liable lipstick which you can read about in the last post (here).

So here's the clothing:
Products used:
Eyes:
> UDPP
> NYX JEP in Milk
> Sleek Monaco palette - Bamboo, Aquamarine, Midnight Garden, Sand Walker
> Tarte We Wish You Well Palette - Bronze shimmer, Matte brown, Beige shimmer
> Sleek Au Naturel palette - Bark & Noir
> MAC fluidline in Blacktrack
> Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara
> Khuraira ACC in Light
> MAC Studio Finish concealer - NC35
Face:
> Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 55
> Urban Decay Razorsharp powder
> Urban Decay Baked Bronzer in Baked
Lips:
> Illamasqua Liable/Apocalips

After priming the eye with UDPP & NYX JEP in Milk I applied a bit of the Tarte beige shimmer to the inner corner of the eyelid, followed by Sleek Aquamarine to the rest of the lid. Midnight Garden was applied to the outer corner, whilst the Tarte matte brown was added to the crease and blended upwards. I decided to use a shimmery highlight for this look on the brow bone as it's for a wedding/party makeup. The Tarte Bronze shimmer was then used with a wet liner brush for the lower lashline.
I then used MAC Fluidline to line the whole eye (including the inner eye), creating a slight cats eye on the inner corner.
Daniel Sandler mascara was used on the lashes, then the brows were filled with Sleek's Bark & Noir from the Au Naturel palette and concealed under the eyes to finish:
For the rest of the face I used Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 55 and powdered down with UD Razorsharp powder; for the cheeks I used a shimmery bronzer- UD Baked and for the lips I first used Illamasqua lipstick in Liable:
I then used the zany coloured Apocalips lipstick by Illamasqua too.. I actually prefer the texture better than the Liable lipstick; although both are matte, Apocalips feels slightly creamier (and I'm sure it's more scented which I love!) It does however look dryer than Liable.. not sure if that's because of the colour though.
I actually quite like this lipstick! Not sure if I'd wear it out quite yet but it's defo one I'd use in an artistic photoshoot.

Would you ever wear Apocalips? What do you think about the Liable lipstick now that you've seen the colour on my lips?

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful look, the colours are amazing!
    Liable looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liable is one gorgeous red - its now on my wish list thanks to you! It looks amazing on and beautiful looks as always :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! =)
      It certainly is.. and haha I apologise for tempting you!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous look - as always xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the apocalips tooo.. waiting to get my hands on it :D..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite like it too, it's very different!

      Delete
  5. really great look love the red lipstick :)
    http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. We want more picture tutorials ! I simply love your applying technique and i do not seem to get same results even when using same eyeshadow colors ! Also would love to see a picture of the tools you use and products as you used to post in your earlier fotds... :)) btw how much time does it take for you to create a complete look, both eyes, and face ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angelica,

      Thank you!
      I shall try to do more pictorials in the near future so don't worry.
      I'll also do a post on the brushes/tools I use very soon, so keep your eyes peeled =)

      As for the time it takes to create these looks, it varies depending on how complex the look is/how many products are used but generally around half an hour for the whole face =)

      Delete
  7. do you have any videos? I'd really love to know how you do your eye make-up! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks.. I don't do video tutorials yet unfortunately but am looking to in the future!

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)