Tuesday Takeover: Chocoholic Hijabi

Tuesday 25 February 2014

This weeks Tuesday Takeover is by Asmaa from Chocoholic Hijabi who is a fellow blogger friend and of course a chocoholic as her name suggests!
I'm not usually much of a skincare blogger but I've personally been interested in trying products from GlamGlow as I've heard great things about the brand, so I asked Asmaa to guest post her review of the YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Mask which she recently tried.

GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Mask [review]

Hello FrootiBeauty readers! I'm Asmaa and I blog over at Chocoholic-Hijabi. Today's guest post is a review on the very well known GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Mask, which I received a sample of in the February You Beauty Discovery box.

YouthMud Tinglexfoliate promises to leave your skin with a 3 day glow, soft and smooth and with tightened pores. Also known as the 10 minute facial in a jar, it claims to leave your skin camera ready immediately. It's supposed to leave you with younger looking skin and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, but seeing as my skin isn't quite mature, I wasn't sure what to expect.

First of all, the texture of the mask is grainy and contains particles of leaves, which I wasn't too keen on. You only need to apply a thin layer of the mask over the face, there's no need to apply loads as the smallest amount will have an impact.

Texture of the mask. You can clearly see the 'bits' of leaves in the mask (which did clog the tube a little).
The dried mask is more chalky in colour whereas the mask that is still wet, is less apparent on the skin.
Within seconds of applying the mask, I could feel my skin tingling and (slightly more worrying) burning. I know that the mask is supposed to tingle (it's in the name), but it really was a bit extreme on my sensitive skin. Nevertheless, I did leave the mask on until it had dried. I noticed a tightening sensation where the mask has started drying and the burning/tingling did decrease as the mask dried. After 10 minutes, I used lukewarm water to wet my face again and then, using circular motions, started to remove the mask (and also exfoliate at the same time).

Results: After removing the mask thoroughly, my skin felt extremely smooth and taut, and I'm happy to say that there are no lasting effects from the burning/tingling that initially occurred. True to it's word, the mask definitely has the effect of a facial and great for when you're in a bit of rush, but want to treat yourself. There is a visible difference to my skin, I'm not quite sure if it's glowing, but there is definitely something (and it's stayed smooth and soft). Overall I don't think this mask is best suited for me and I'm going to try out the SuperMud Clearing mask (hopefully with equally good results) =)

GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate is available from a number of retailers (such as HQhair, LookFantastic and Beauty Expert), priced at £25 (15ml) and £50 (50ml). It is pricey, but I do believe that there is a 'Try before you buy' sample set available on the GlamGlow website, which allows you to try all of their products before purchasing any full size product.

I hope you found the review useful and thank you for reading! You can find more of my ramblings over at chocoholic-hijabi.blogspot.co.uk =)
 

Twitter: @asmaamangera

Instagram: @asmaa17

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)