FFF: Green Motives party makeup look

Friday 27 September 2013

Hey my lovelies!

This weekend I'm off on holiday to Istanbul so I won't be able to post very frequently, but I thought I'd leave with a pretty green makeup look that could be worn to a wedding/party.
Everything except the eyeliner is by Motives cosmetics which are all listed below.

Products used:
Eyes:
> Eye Base

> Pressed eyeshadows in: Onyx, Green Apple, Forbidden, Whipped Cream, Cinnamon Spice, Cappuccino.

> Luminous Pressed Powder in Light/Medium
> Inglot AMC Gel Liner - 77
> Khol eyeliner in Black

> Lustrafy Waterproof mascara (black)  
> Creme Concealer - Amber
> False Eye Lashes - 110
Face: 
> Perfecting Face Primer
> Color Perfection Quad for Lala - Medium
> Photo Finish Powder - Neutral Medium
> Pressed Blush - Lust
> Shape & Sculpt Duo
Lips:
> Lip Crayon in Naked
> Rich Formula lipstick - Natural & Red Coral
> Motives for La La Mineral Lipstick in Times Square & Naughty


I started by applying the Eye Base all over the eyes, then highlighted the brow bone with Whipped Cream shadow. I then patted on Green Apple on the inner eye and Forbidden further along the lid, finishing with Onyx and Cappuccino at the outer V/corner of the eye. I blended a bit of Cinnamon Spice upwards from the crease, followed by a bit more Onyx in the crease/outer corner. I used the Luminous Pressed powder in Light/Medium above the highlight and to blend in between Cinnamon Spice and Whipped Cream on the browbone.
I lined the top lid with Inglot AMC gel liner in 77 and Onyx Khol eye pencil for the waterline. Using a wet detailer brush, I added Forbidden eyeshadow to the lower lashline too.
I then filled in the brows with what remained on the brush from the AMC gel liner and shaded slightly with Cappuccino. I finished off the eyes by concealing under the eyes and coating the lashes with the Lustrafy Waterproof mascara. I then applied Motives false eyelashes in 110:
For the rest of the face I used the Cream Foundation Color Perfection Quad by Lala in Medium all over the face and set it with the Photo Finish Powder in Neutral Medium. I contoured the cheeks with the Shape & Sculpt Duo (still love and use everyday!) as it highlighted and contoured my skin beautifully. I then added a bit of Lust blush to the apples of the cheeks.

The lips were first filled in with Lip Crayon in Naked, then the Rich Formula lipstick in Natural Lipstick was added on top:
I then used a series of different lip colours to give an idea of what would suit best for an outfit and tried a few variations, starting with Rich Formula lipstick in Red Coral (bright coral red):
Then I tried the Motives for Lala Mineral lipstick in Times Square (bright pink):
And finally a more deeper berry red, Motives for Lala Mineral lipstick in Naughty:
I thought the nude look complimented the darker green eyes best, particularly if you wanted focus to be on the eyes, but also quite liked the deep berry colour (Naughty) for a more Autumnal/Winter look. I do pair green eyeshadow looks with coral or pink lips sometimes but I think this time around I liked the nude and berry lips for a change!
Here's the colours side by side(ish), to get a better idea:
Which lip colour did you prefer with the green eyeshadow look?


 

7 comments:

  1. LOVE! I'm kidnapping you safiyah so you can do my wedding make up.. registry and indian lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Aw happily babe, in fact I need to put up pictures of recent brides when I get back from holiday including my mates indian & registry makeup =D xx

      Delete
    2. The day I set the date, ill be in touch hehe xx

      Delete
  2. Ohhh, amazing! <3
    My favorite lip color with this look is also the nude one, right after that comes the berry shade! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you look gorg mA!! The first nude colour is my fav too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered your blog through Mangowhirl and I'm amazed by how effortless you make all the eye makeup tutorials look, they are all gorgeous! Your a really talented MUA, mashallah

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)