Prince of Persia.. Princess Tamina look

Wednesday 22 September 2010

I've been a tad busy the last two days, so haven't had the chance to blog, but after watching Prince of Persia the other night, I've been thinking to do the Princess Tamina/ egyptian style makeup look.
Here's what it looks like in the film when she's first introduced (sorry about the quality, there's barely any pictures of this makeup look on the internet!):

 

So I finally got the chance to do it, and here's what I used:

> Elf eyeshadow primer
> UD Deluxe Shadow Box - "honey" & "underground"
> UD Eyeshadow Transforming Potion 
> UD 24/7 eyeliner in "zero"
> MO black kohl eyeliner
> Maybelline black eye definer
> Dior iconic mascara
> UD Surreal Skin concealer in "hallucination"
> myface.cosmetics concealer in "213"
> Clinique bronzer in "almond blossom" & blusher in "sunset glow"
> Elf luscious liquid lipstick in "maple sugar"


To start, I used Elf primer (thought I'd give it another go and blend in well this time!), then I added UD honey eyeshadow using the UD eyeshadow transforming potion (ETP). The ETP basically makes a powder shadow into liquid shadow, making it more shiny, which is what I was looking for as the Princess Tamina look is very shiny/metallic. I lined the bottom lashline with honey eyeshadow also using the ETP. I then blended UD underground into the crease of the eyes with the MO blending brush, but not too much as the gold is the main focus. To line the eye, UD zero eyeliner was used, along with MO black kohl eyeliner, and then Maybelline eye definer on top, for a more intense black (as the gold shadow can glitter down the liner). A larger flick was done on the top eyeliner compared to the smaller flick on the bottom lash line. More honey eyeshadow was added in between the two eyeliner flicks, and a diamante was stuck in place there too.
 

After applying concealer and Dior mascara, Clinique almond blossom bronzer was used under the cheek bones for definition, and a little sunset glow blush on the apples of the cheeks.

Finally, Elf lipstick in maple sugar was added for more neutral lips, which is a minty lipstick, with more of a lipgloss texture (a little sticky).


Now to think of what to do next!


<3

5 comments:

  1. Such a pretty look!:D I love gold, bronze, and black together!:D

    I am your newest follower!:D

    ***** Marie *****
    allthingsmarie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww thanks! yea black gold and bronze are a great combo, especially on darker skin tones =)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww love it, this is gorgeous :)

    x Christine

    http://christineiversen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very ecstatic when I am reading this blog post because it is written in a good manner and the writing topic for the blog is excellent.
    Thanks for sharing valuable information. Also get to know about Black Kajal

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)