Eid look

Sunday 12 September 2010

Ok, so I've been busy the last couple days, as it's been coming to the end of Ramadan, and had Eid shopping to do...
Of course I managed to pick up some more makeup for myself, I needed a new concealer, as my old favourite (Clinique's line smoothing concealer in medium honey) is now discontinued. To date I still haven't found the perfect concealer (including the MAC one I use!), nothing seems to hold and seem a good a shade as the Clinique one *sigh*. 
Anyway, I bought Urban Decay's liquid concealer in hallucination..quite light for my skin but I can blend it or use it underneath another concealer I bought from the brand "myface.cosmetics" (click here for site). I've never heard of the brand, but when I came across it in Boots, the Asian lady's face stood out to me, so I thought I'd have a look at concealers and..found one pretty similar to my Clinique one. Even the bottle is pretty much the same! (clear tube with silver wand lid).
I've used it for the look I've tried below. I wore purple, which has diamantes in it, and a couple pink & purple coloured gems with beige/gold threadwork... 


My Clinique small palette I got in a Bonus Time a while ago would do the job just fine alone, but I decided to vamp up the purple and use my "psychedelic sister" from the new UD NYC palette, as well as the 24/7 eyeliners - ransom and zero.

The products I used for this look were:

> Clinique colour surge eyeshadow duo in "beach plum"
> UD NYC - "psychedelic sister"
> 24/7 eyeliners in zero and ransom
> myface.cosmetics concealer in 213
> Diorshow mascara
> Clinique bronzer in "almond blossom"
> Sleek "pink cadillac" pout polish

First I applied the Clinique creamy-beige eyeshadow from the small "beach plum" palette to the full eyelid as well as under the eyebrow, adding the "plum" purple of the two to the outer lid and crease, to just under the eyebrow where the cream shadow is. I used the MO blending brush to add the UD "psychedelic sister" to the crease, blending it all for a less harsher finish.
I then lined the bottom lash line with "ransom" 24/7 eyeliner, followed by "zero" on the top eyelid and bottom waterline.


Finally I the Clinique almond blossom on cheeks and forehead and chin. Although great colours, this version of almond blossom gave my skin a shine to it that I wasn't really looking for, but here's what the end product looked like:


I'll be sharing my Paris find(s) with you in the next blog post :D

<3


1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Such a beautiful look Perfectly matched to me Eid outfit I think I shall do a softer version of this x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)