Sunday Swatches: Urban Decay x Gwen Stefani Palette

Sunday 6 December 2015

Hello my lovelies!

Today's Sunday Swatches post features the highly anticipated Gwen Stefani palette which has been on my wishlist since I first laid eyes on it.. 
Not only is the packaging of this palette a beaut, it's also luxe looking, much like the style icon herself and the colours are just a perfect selection of neutrals with a pop of jewel colours as you'll see below.
12 of the shadows are completely new, and 3 are repeats. So basically the whole palette is practically new for a hardcore UD fan.

No Doubt you'll be lusting after this palette too once I've finished this review too (see what I did there?!), so read on for more info and swatches.


Swatches

Packaging: Can we just take a minute to appreciate the lush outer appearance of this palette? I noticed it's very in tune with Gwen's L.A.M.B perfume with the solid gold and black theme (just missing the turquoise). The cute little "Magic's in the Makeup" in the corner of the full size mirror refers to the No Doubt song too, so for all you No Doubt fans will love this.

Colour & Pigmentation: The palette is mostly on par with the usual UD quality; highly pigmented and buttery in texture. Baby, Anaheim and Blackout felt like they needed more than one swipe compared to the others/were drier. Pop is the sparkliest shadow and is therefore a bit granier. 
1987 and Danger are my faaave out of all of them and Zone (and Anaheim) are great transition colours for blending.

Price: Priced at £40, each shadow works out to be around £2.67 each which is pretty awesome for a palette with the usual UD quality, packaging and a pretty awesome neutral shade range. Oh and of course if you're a huge No Doubt/Gwen/celebrity collaborations fan obvs.

FrootiFactor: I'm going to give this palette a straight up 5 because it's lived up to my expectations and more.. now what look to create?! Feel free to leave suggestions below although I know 1987 and Danger need to be used asap!


So there you have it.. It's already sold out once on the Urban Decay website, but is back in stock and also available at Debenhams, House Of Fraser and John Lewis; it is limited edition, so "whatchu waiting forrrrrr?!"

                      post signature

4 comments:

  1. I love this palette so much i got it as well! its amazing haha i hate how it is limited edition though once its gone its gone :/

    www.beautyandtheboy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Thinking I should stock up as it's such a beaut palette =D

      Delete
  2. I probably don't *need* this palette but I WANT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think we all *need* a palette as pretty as this in our collection XD

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)