FF: 2018 Pantone Colour of the year - Ultraviolet

Friday 5 January 2018

So as you guys should know by now, purple (and pink) are my favourite colours and with Ultraviolet being the Pantone colour of the year I knew I wanted to start the year off with a bang, so I created this makeup look using the Urban Decay Electric Palette as it was best fitting (see previous posts with this palette here!)
Products used:
Eyes:
L'Oreal eye paint: Sassy Squad
Urban Decay Electric palette: Jilted, Urban, Chaos, Gonzo 
Illamasqua pure pigment: Static
Hudabeauty eyelashes: Camille
Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils: Yeyo & Ransom
Face:
Armani Beauty Power Fabric foundation: 4
* NYX Total Control foundation: 11
House Of Glamdolls glambase wheel: Perfect 2
Nip & Fab Liquid Gold highlighter: Rose Gold
Smashbox Drawn In Decked out palette: bronzer, pink blush and highlighter
Lips:
L'Oreal infallible lip liner: Stay Ultraviolet & Darling Pink
L'Oreal x Balmain lipstick: Liberation

As you can see I really wanted to make this a fully purple toned look and even though I wouldn't usually pair a bold eye with a bold lip I wanted to start the year with a bang, so hopefully it inspires anyone looking at this to get more colourful!

I also created a lip hack video using the same purple back drop as it went with the theme for the L'Oreal #TeamXtreme campaign I was asked to take part in, the video features some lip lining hacks using the Infallible lip liners (also used above in the look):


I'm so happy to start my year off with a campaign like this as it's what I love about makeup/blogging - experimenting with different techniques and playing with colour so I'm pretty proud of the video I came up with for the campaign as it took a fair bit of planning and thought to put together but I actually enjoyed it!

Let me know what other beauty hack videos you'd like to see from my Youtube, I'm thinking maybe eyebrows or eyeliner techniques next but would love to make a list ☺️

             post signature

2 comments:

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)