Hi my loves,
It's been a while since I've posted but I promise to be back soon!
In the mean time I asked the lovely Annie (of Epiphannie A) to write a guest post for me. Annie is another great blogger and friend (who also attended one of my masterclasses, and blew me away with her makeup skills may I add) and she happily took this opportunity to conjure a gorgeous bright makeup look perfect for this hot summer we're having this year! Hope you enjoy the post and do check out her blog too <3
Sleek Rio Rio Palette
I’m Annie from Epiphannie A and let me just start off by saying that I’m so grateful that Safiyah has allowed me to have some room on her blog today – I actually feel really special – I wasn’t too sure what I wanted to talk about but I just knew that I wanted it to appear natural and fit in seamlessly with the tone of this blog . . . which is why I’ve decided to opt for a makeup tutorial (despite the fact that I haven’t post a makeup look in AGES!!).
For this tutorial, I will be using the recently released Sleek Rio Rio Divine Palette which is a gorgeous palette filled with highly pigmented, tropical shades mixed with tuned down champagne shades
1) I start off by blending Tropics; a matte orange-brown shadow shade, in and above my crease to act as my transitional colour.
2) Once I’m happy with the way that looks, I pat a bit of Leme; dark royal blue, into the inner corners and outer corners of my eyes, leaving the inner section of my eyelid free for my to add Cachaca; a silver eye shadow.
3) As I want this look to have a bit of tropical feel, I’m going to go over Cahaca with a lime green eye shadow aka Caipirinha
4) I’m now going to add Leblon (matte black) eye shadow into my vee area to give my look a bit of definition
5) Once that’s all done, a spot of eyeliner and false lashes are all you need to complete this look.
I really hope you enjoy this tutorial as I have had a lot of fun making it. Don’t forget to visit on my blog – I’m really fun (On certain days of the week lol)
Follow me on