Sunday Swatches: Illamasqua I'm The One Collection

Sunday 16 February 2014

Following my previous FFF makeup look post on Friday (here) with red lips, I thought I'd do a corresponding Sunday Swatches blog post featuring the new Illamasqua I'm The One Valentines collection which was used for the red lips in the post.

The collection features four products in the colour of love and can be bought in a gift set from the Illamasqua site which saves you £9.50!

I'll be swatching the lip pencil and lipstick in this post as worn in the previous makeup look post so you can see the colours individially.
swatches of the I'm The One collection
"Feisty" Lip Colouring Pencil
A new shade of red to their Colouring Pencils, this pencil is a beautiful Scarlet. I've only tried one other lip Colouring Pencil (Severity, a red grape colour) and was impressed with that shade too.
Colour & Pigmentation: I don't usually find bright reds suit me but I was happy with this shade; I'd say it leans more on the orange-red side than blue red and has amazing colour payoff too.

Texture/Finish: For a lip pencil, I was pleasantly surprised at how soft it glided on, along with the pigmentation. It didn't feel drying on the lips despite it having a matte finish.

Longevity: As with all lip pencils, I found it to last at least 3 hours without budging, but I'd expect it to last a lot longer!

Price: At £14 it's the average price of a lip pencil for a high end brand.

FrootiFactor: As I quite like the longevity and feel of the pencils on my lips so far, I'd say these pencils are worth the price; Feisty is a flattering bright Scarlet red for most skintones so if you're looking for a lovely red, I'd recommend trying it. I give this pencil a 4.5 out of 5:
Lipstick in "Maneater"
Another great lippie from Illamasqua, despite it not being a new shade, I've never tried this particular cherry red. The other reds I've tried from Illamasqua are Sangers (blood red) and Liable (orange red) but this particular red is a lovely blue based red that I prefer on myself for two reasons; first being my pigmented lips and second the illusion of whiter teeth when wearing blue-based reds.
Colour & Pigmentation: The colour is a gorgeous blue-red as aforementioned, and the pigmentation as with all Illamasqua products is top notch.

Texture/Finish: Another matte finish lip product, it didn't feel drying on the lips compared to my Liable lipstick which was great!

Longevity: Matte lipsticks generally last the longest on the lips and again I found this lipstick to last at least 2 hours on its own (with a bit of a pleasant stain).

Price: At £16.50 it's slightly pricier than a MAC lipstick but of course being a huge fan of Illamasqua and luckily getting pro discount, I certainly think they're worth it.

FrootiFactor: I do like the colour, texture and pigmentation of this particular lippie so I have to give it s 5:


I'm not much of a gloss wearer but I have to say the new gloss shade in "Touch" from this collection was very pigmented (as with all Intense lipglosses from Illamasqua) and has a lovely depth to the colour with the different tones of sparkle (see first swatch picture in this post).

The nail varnish "Throb" is also to the usual high quality pigmentation of an Illamasqua varnish, one coat would give enough coverage, but two coats look very opaque and lush.

All Illamasqua products are available to buy instore or online at Illamasqua or Debenhams.

What are your favourites from this Valentine's I'm The One collection? Will you be buying any particular products? 


 

2 comments:

  1. looks like an absolutely gorgeous collection! Perfect for Valentines!

    Amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful collection, and adore your swatches in the word Love, always so creative masha'Allah :')
    I actually expected the maneater lipstick to come out darker for some reason 0_o great to hear that it has a good finish, despite being matte ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)