FFF: Smokey Sultry Valentines Makeup Look

Friday 14 February 2014

Hello my lovelies!

Today's makeup look is a quick, simple but sultry look, perfect for Valentines day if you wanted to go for a bit more drama.
I paired it with the red themed Illamasqua I'm The One Valentines collection (just the lip pencil and lipstick) for extra va-va-voom.. hope you like!

Products used:
Eyes: 
> UDPP & NYX JEP in Black Bean

> Smashbox Full Exposure palette - mattes in black, brown and skintone colours

> Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Furore
> Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo (Lumos)
> Illamasqua Eye Colouring Pencil - Vow 
> Inglot AMC eyeliner gel - 77 (black)
> Lancome Hypnose Star mascara
> Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - Medium
> Eylure Girls Aloud lashes - Kimberley
> Anastasia Beverley Hills Dip Brow Pomade in Ebony
Face: 
> Illamasqua Skinbase in SB10
> UD Naked Skin Ultra Definition Finishing powder - Medium Dark
> Motives Sculpt & Shape Duo
> Illamasqua Sculpting Powder Duo
Lips:
> Illamasqua Lip Colouring Pencil - Feisty
> lllamasqua lipstick - Maneater

After applying UDPP, I lightly applied the NYX JEP in Black Bean only on the eyelid, as in the last makeup look pictorial (here). I blended the JEP and added the matte black eyeshadow from the Smashbox Full Exposure palette, winging out the shadow and slightly buffing upwards. I then added 2 of the matte brown shades from the bottom left of the palette to the crease, gently buffing upwards. With an angled liner brush, I added the same matte black eyeshadow to the bottom lower lashline, blending slightly downwards.
The matte skintone colours were used to blend out any harsh lines and finally Illamasqua Pigment in Furore was patted onto the inner corner of the eye and Lumos from the Sculpting Powder Duo to the brow bone.
I lined the eyes with Inglot AMC Gel liner in 77 and lined the bottom inner eye with Illamasqua Eye Colouring Pencil in Vow.
The brows were then filled with Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade in Ebony and the lashes were coated with mascara and then Eylure Kimberley lashes added on top to finish off the look:
For the rest of the face, I used Illamasqua's Skin Base in SB10 all over, setting it with UD Naked Powder in Medium Dark; I then sculpted the cheek with the Blush Up brush and the contour shade from Motives Sculpt and Shape Duo, followed by Illamasqua's Sculpting Powder Duo in Heliopolis and Lumos to highlight. 
For the lips I first used Feisty lip pencil by with Maneater lipstick on top:
As you can see, although the technique is fairly simple, its definitely a stand-out/dramatic look; if you wanted to tone it down a bit, you could go for a nude lippie or gloss instead.

I hope you enjoyed this look, do let me know if you try it!

 

10 comments:

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)