Tuesday Takeover: Sultana Says

Tuesday 5 December 2017

Today's guest post is from a recently discovered blogger Sultana (of Sultana Says), who I started talking to on Instagram without even realising she blogged too!
Once I read her writing style over on her blog I knew I had to have her guest post on mine and when I received these Sleek goodies I thought she would be a fab choice to review them for me (the palette looked so gorgeous and golden, I had to resist from swatching!)

Read on to see what she thinks of some of the new Sleek products out these holidays!



With Christmas just around the corner it seems like the mantra for the world of beauty is "Slay and stay LIT!" Every thing seems to be about "Getting that glow" and "Being on fleek" and I'm seriously LOVING IT!
It is also that time of the year when we are seriously overwhelmed with what seems like every company on the planet launching their holiday collections (not that I'm complaining!) - and also that time of the year we succumb to almost every temptation that shows up in our inboxes! Guilty much? I know I am! Thankfully on this occasion, I was very kindly sent these goodies by the amazing 'swatch queen' herself Safiyah Tasneem. When she asked if I would guest post for her I was really grateful for the opportunity and super excited!  Safiyah very kindly sent me the following products to review:

They can be purchased from BootsSleek MakeUP and Superdrug

 The Sleek MakeUp Into The Night Bronze Palette:


This palette is part of a limited edition collection and is available in 4 different shades, Hidden Gems, Diamonds In The Rough, and Silver, the one that I was sent is in the shade 'Bronze' which is exactly the shade I would have picked. There is just something irresistible about warm toned eye shadows that make me lose all sense of rationality!

What Sleek MakeUP claims:

"Slay this party season with the new glowing limited edition Into the Night collection. Sleek MakeUP is spoiling makeup lovers everywhere with a banging limited edition collection including two metallic i - Lust Eyeshadow Palettes, five Matte Me Metallic Lip Creams and two Strobe Domes. The festive season is the perfect time to wear your boldest look and this collection has all the festive vibes you need."

Packaging: 
The outer packaging seems to be designed with an image of a huge mirrored disco ball which I thought fitted in well within their theme of "slaying the party season". The palette itself is a slim rectangular shape, matte black with all the information written in gold as you would expect. Inside there is a good size mirror, a dual ended brush with one end that had a sponge tip applicator and a small flat synthetic shader brush on the other end. I love the size of this palette as it is really compact and would easily fit into a clutch bag should you need to take it out with you for touch ups.

Swatches:
Textures and application of shadows: 
There are 6 shadows, 4 of which are baked powders and 2 cream eye shadows. The 3 gold and bronze shades seemed to perform really well, they are highly pigmented and gorgeous when swatched and applied on the eyelids.  The matte black shade was the one shade that looked like it would be incredible at first glance, but upon using it I was quite disappointed as it was nowhere near as opaque as I would have liked it to be. But saying that the matte black shade would make a good base colour. Lastly the cream shadows performed well, the black cream shadow has bronze glitter that runs through it, it stayed on all day and didn't crease. The cream eye shadow in the pale gold was also fantastic to use and could double up as highlighter as well.

Value for money: 
In all honesty, I think Sleek as a brand is fantastic at providing us beauty lovers with amazing products at bargain prices. This palette would be great for anyone who is into that golden bronze smokey eye look or even those that just want an everyday low maintenance wash of colour. The creams would work great with the powders layered on top. It is a lovely palette to experiment with especially with all the upcoming festivities that are around the corner without having to break the bank. Overall I would score this palette a 3/5

i - Art Precision Liquid Eye Colours

These liquid eye colours are undoubtedly the stars of the show! They are an intense metallic cream eye shadow that can be used as an eyeliner or a shadow base. They are water resistant and super long lasting. I think these may be a permanent addition the collection. There are currently 12 shades available. The shades I was sent were:

Neo Pop 1133 - A bold metallic blue
Orphism 1142 - A muted metallic purple

Packaging: 
The liquid eye colours are presented in a slim tube that is reminiscent of a standard liquid lipstick or lip gloss packaging. It has a mini paint brush style applicator.

Swatches:
L-R -Neo Pop and Orphism
Texture and application: 
I was genuinely super impressed by the pigmentation and intensity of both shades, they were both amazing to use! The colour pay off is incredible, they did not crease all day and were easy to apply. The brush tip applicator made it really easy to apply and create my flicks, but I did find that if you kept going over the line it did cause it to become slightly patchy. I persevered and managed to create some sort of a cat eye flick, but I don't see why you couldn't use a eyeliner brush to apply it for more ease of use. The colours are not glittery at all instead both are bold metallic shades. Once you apply them, there is time to correct mistakes however, once it dries the deed is done - it will not budge. Neo Pop is such a vibrant blue it literally made my eyes pop when I used it as an eyeliner. Orphism is also a gorgeous colour less vibrant then the Neo Pop shade but still stood out! They dry completely matte without any tackiness nor do they flake off. Literally love these!

Value for money: 
For the price that they retail at I think they definitely pack a punch! They are awesome and have a multitude of uses - from creating a cut crease with ease, a shadow base, or an eyeliner. So get those creases cut because they are most definitely worth the money. Overall I would score them a 4.5/5


Thank you soo much Saf for inviting me to do a guest post and gifting me these lovely products. Also giving me an opportunity to try some coloured eye liners (something I have NEVER gravitated towards!) I will be picking up some more of the other shades very soon! I hope you enjoyed this Tuesday Takeover post (cue my shameless plug) if so then feel free to join me over on my blog - www.sultanasays.blogspot.co.uk or my Instagram page - sultanasays

Hope you beauties have a lovely day! xoxo


1 comment:

  1. Females would be happy from your blog. These shadows are really unique and attract full. Further, you can get Mold Inspection Services in San Diego and try to save you destroy your walls.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)