Sunday Swatches: The Estee Edit

Sunday 24 July 2016

A couple weeks ago I received a package from The Estee Edit and unpackaged it over on my snapchat (safiyahtasneem).
I have to say Snapchat allows me to give quick descriptions of products and sometimes reviews without having to worry about editing etc but I always give time to try the product out before I write a review over here on the blog so do check out my snapchat too if you're there!

The Estee Edit is of course a (daughter/sister?) brand of Estee Lauder, based on Estee's motto "Beauty is an Attitude" and therefore The Estee Edit is inspired by both Estee and Guest Beauty Editors Kendall Jenner and Irene Kim. 
The brand is aimed at a younger market (I'd say late teens to late 20s) and thus is priced accordingly but I also love that you can customise your makeup with products like the transformer lipstick shades in yellow and black.. amazing!

I literally didn't know where to start as the package was pretty overwhelming, so I thought I'd review the colour cosmetics that interested me first; namely the Skin Glowing Balm and the Lipsticks I received.

Skin Glowing Balm


So first up is the Skin Glowing Balm (with Pink Peony); described as a tinted moisturiser.

Shade: I was sent shade 300 Wheat described as Deep Beige with neutral undertones and found it to be a fairly good match to my NC30/35 skin, however the next shade up 310 Chai is described as Light Tan with yellow undertones and I'm pretty yellow so I'm interested in checking that out for comparison.

Coverage and Texture: As with most tinted moisturisers, the coverage is pretty sheer, however a little goes a long way as the product is quite thick.

Finish: Dewy and Glowy!

Longevity: I found this product to be quite slippery to apply by itself as a base therefore longevity isn't that long unless set with some powder.

Price: £26 for 30ml here.


Overall rating: 
I quite like the surprising colour match for this product; I rarely find base products that are yellow enough for me and despite this shade described as having "neutral undertones", it's pretty yellow enough for me!
Alone, this product will give you a sheer dewy finish, which is lovely if you have dry/dull skin, however I have combination/dry skin so I feel I have to powder on my T-Zone.
If you have normal skin and are not looking for an all over glow, this product can be used as a highlighting shade, or even mixed with a foundation like Double Wear for an amazing finish.
I give it a 4 out of 5:

Lipsticks


The lipsticks in the range are split into three: 
The Barest Lip Color (soft sheen nude shades), 
Mattified Lipstick (creamy matte lipsticks in a range of shades) and 
the Lip Flip Shade Transformer (in shades yellow and black).

I was sent two shades from The Barest Lip Colors and three from the Mattified Lipstick range.

Packaging: 
The packaging for most of The Estee Edit products are accented with silver (as opposed to the gold of original Estee Lauder products).
With The Barest Lip Colors, the lids have a graffiti-esque spray on them in white and with the Mattified Lipsticks, the spray paint effect is in a royal blue colour. The Lip Flip Shade transformer's packaging is all metallic blue.
I personally like this graffiti ombre effect on the lids and it certainly stands out from the rest of the lipsticks in my collection. Its a tad tricky to fit the lid on properly sometimes, however once it's on properly (ridges lined up), the lid closes magnetically which is always good.

Finish: 
The Barest Lip Colors are in a soft sheen finish.
The Mattified lipsticks are more of a creamy matte than dry matte.

Colour: 
The Barest Lip Color shades:
In The Flesh: petal pink nude
In The Buff: nude mauve

Mattified Lipstick shades:
Killin' It: bright orange-red
You're Welcome: true red
Just Sayin': bright fuscia pink

Pigmentation: 
The lipsticks are definitely pigmented; I particularly like the Mattified lipsticks colour payoff as one swipe was enough to give an amazing opaque coverage.

Texture: 
Both lipsticks textures are comfortable; the Barest Lip Colors contain hydrating Muru Muru butter and waxes, whilst the Mattified Lipsticks contain conditioning oils.
I'm so used to the feel of matte liquid lipsticks as well as MAC matte lipsticks that other brands' versions of matte lipsticks feel insanely creamy in comparison.

Longevity: 
The Mattified lipsticks are more prone to last as they stain well as well as the texture in comparison to the more slippery Barest Lip Colors.

Price: These are priced at £17 each here.


Overall rating: 

I quite like the feel of these on the lips and am pretty impressed with the shade range available of the Mattified lipsticks so I give these lippies a 4.5
You can find the Estee Edit products exclusively in the UK at Selfridges or overseas at Sephora.
From the package I received, I'm currently trialling (and loving so far!) the Beam Team Hydrate and Glow, the Late Night Eraser and the Pore Vanishing Stick.

Have you tried anything from The Estee Edit? Let me know what you're loving!                    
           post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Sinopsis Film
    Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Zonahobisaya
    Jó honlap : Biografi

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)