Kiko Colours In The World Spring '13 swatches and review

Monday 11 March 2013

Hello my lovelies!

I thought I'd do a quick post on some of the new Kiko Milano cosmetics Spring 13 collection.

Kiko is an Italian brand that can be found in both Westfields in London and is another one of my favourite brands, but one that is priced in between a drugstore brand and higher end brands.

The Colours in the World collection encompasses a selection of face, eyes, lips and nail products as well as brushes and is limited edition. If you saw my post on the Light Impulse palette, you'll know they do great limited edition products, but here are my thoughts on the Colours in the World collection.
Long Lasting Lipstick - 05
The Long Lasting Lipstick in 05 is named "Red Orchid" and is available in 6 shades.
Colour & Pigmentation: 05 Red Orchid is a beautiful deep burgundy sort of colour; like Viva Glam 1 but with more of a raspberry note. Pigmentation is great!
Texture: This lippy goes on smooth and creamy and feels very comfortable to wear, then dries to a matte finish.
Longevity: As it dries to a matte finish, it's pretty long lasting and remains after drinking!
Scent: Smells just like MAC lipsticks - vanilla yum!
Packaging: Metallic looking, long twist up stick. Looks sleek until you get fingerprints on it.
Price: At £6.90 it's just slightly higher priced than a drugstore brand but less than a more high end brand. 

FrootiFactor: For me, this lipstick ticks all the right boxes; I love how although it has a matte finish, it doesn't go on dry at all and the colour looks quite gorgeous too. I'd give it a 4.5 out of 5
Vivid Eyes Kajal & Eyeliner - 04
The Vivid Eyes Kajal & Eyeliner consist of one black "kajal" end and one coloured pencil end, perfect for highlighting or adding a pop of colour to the eye other than black. I have 04 - "Green Apple/Black" which is a sort of Teal shade with shimmer. Available in 4 shades.
Colour & Pigmentation: The black in the duo is fairly pigmented and the Green Apple shade is slightly less but still enough to get a good amount of colour on the eyes.
Texture: Not as creamy/smooth as other liners I'm used to.
Longevity: The black shade lasts longer than the teal shade, but the packaging doesn't actually state "long lasting" or "waterproof" so I'd imagine these are not the best to cry in!
Price: £7.90 each.

FrootiFactor: All in all, I'd give the Vivid Eyes Kajal eyeliner a 2 out of 5 max; simply because I prefer softer textures and definitely waterproof ones!
Pigment Loose Eyeshadow - 29
The Pigment Loose Eyeshadow is a highly pigmented loose eyeshadow in a fairly generous pot of 6g (MAC pigment is 4.5g). 29 is named "Breezy Azure".
Colour & Pigmentation: 29 Breezy Azure is a bright, vivid blue colour and is fairly pigmented.
Texture: The texture is fairly smooth but a bit grainy; it would work better with a mixing medium/solution or primer rather than bare skin.
Packaging: The pigment comes with a plastic plug that stops the shadow from spilling but no filter or sifting type of dispenser, just an open jar which can be messy!
Price: At £5.90 it's just a little more than a drugstore brand but again not half as much as a higher end brand, so still worth it, particularly for the weight.

FrootiFactor: I'd give the pigment a 3.5 out of 5 purely because I'm more of a pressed powder eyeshadow fan for most shadows (unless glittery pigments), but also because I feel it wasn't as pigmented/soft as I'd like.
Celebration Nail Lacquer - 422
I've tried Kiko polishes before and have been impressed with the creaminess of the polish. This shade (422- Mint Green) is gorgeous for Spring and as I only have one other mint green colour by Barry M but the consistency is very thin.
Colour & Consistency: This 422 Mint Green polish is slightly thinner than my other mustard coloured Kiko polish, however still creamier than my mint Barry M one; 2 coats needed max for full effect.
Longevity: The polish lasts a few days (3-5) and I like that it dries fast and has nail strenghening/hardening properties.
Price: Priced at £4.90 each, they are reasonably priced for the quality you're getting (not to mention the selection of usual shades!)


FrootiFactor: I'd give this polish a 4 out of 5, simply because it's a great colour for Spring and is still quite creamy and has great nail strengthening properties:
 
All in all, I personally will be looking at more of the Long Lasting Lipsticks as I love how it actually does last but feels non-drying on the lips and maybe a few of the polishes too as they have so many shades!

Have you checked out Kiko cosmetics before? Will you be buying anything from the new Colours in the World range?

 

3 comments:

  1. The pigment loose eye shadow looks good just might have to check it out visit my blog to :). http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lipstick looks so pretty! The nail polish as well (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polish is amazing, I love the color. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)