Bourjois Boutique Shoreditch

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Hello my lovelies!
I managed to make it to the Bourjois pop up shop (or Boutique) on it's last day yesterday and thought I'd share my experience with you.

The event was held at the Beach Blanket Babylon restaurant in Shoreditch (which has such pretty décor by the way!).

At first I wasn't that interested as Bourjois is a drugstore brand that I haven't used since college (Delice De Poudre Bronzer smelled so yum back then, I was addicted!), but as some of the other blogger friends planned on going I thought it'd be a nice girly day.

I reached the destination and as aforementioned it was very pretty indeed. The Bourjois Boutique was very pink and girly with glass jars of glitter, coloured powder and cosmetics, making it feel like a sweet shop.. a very girly one! I loved the whole idea, as you may know by now I'm a very girly girl!
Cute & colourful pick-up area!
"Frenching it up" with pink Eiffel's
An eyeshadow display - swatches galore!
Unfortunately I missed out on the "first 50 goodie bags" so I went on to swatch products and have a nose around. There were various activities going on whilst I did so; makeovers, manicures, body art and a corner with the T4 filming crew setting up.

Despite being drawn to the colourful eyeshadow display, I found they weren't as pigmented or smooth as I'd like so I skipped them, but found a lovely dusky rose lipstick that caught my eye (I've been attracted to this kind of colour a lot lately for the lips!). It was number 81 (Rose Folk) and the most pigmented pink there.
I mentally noted it down but then found a nice felt tip liner (I'm a fan of felt tips rather than thin brushes) and decided to start writing down items I liked on the little shopping cards.
I then saw a body painter at work and wondered aloud to Numera if she was doing it on people other than models to which she turned around and offered to do my hand as I wanted.. yay!
Using the Bourjois eyeshadows wet!
The lady used the felt tip liner (Liner Feutre) that I was going to get and filled in with Bourjois shadows using a wet brush.. It looked very pretty and water-colour-like and was a great way to use the shadows.
I then thought I'd have a look and see if I liked anything else as it would work out more bargainous to buy more and I found a double ended pencil liner (khol and contour shadow and light) in various colours, so I chose the brown and golden one.

I ummed and ahhed over the foundations; I'm not usually a drugstore brand kind of girl for foundations (no I'm not a snob!). It's just that I've worked in department stores and the higher end brands have been more accessible to me and also I find drugstore brands' to be more peach toned and therefore geared towards more "white" skin tone than my own very yellow one. Also, drugstore brands rely on trying foundations yourselves whilst standing and snobby or not, I prefer to sit down and have a consultation.. that's just me! 

However, I was pleasantly surprised looking at the "Healthy Mix Serum Foundation"; it felt very lovely and smooth on my hand (albeit thicker than my usual foundation preference) but after walking up to the windows to try and see which would suit best, I decided on shade 55 with the thought: if it doesn't suit me at least I can add it to my kit! (That's my fail-safe excuse as a MUA haha!)
I'm not usually an everyday foundation wearer, however if I'm going out for occasions or basically anywhere that photos will bound to end up somewhere online, I may whip out a bit (usually as natural as possible i.e. Bare Minerals). This "Healthy Mix" did sound somewhat promising though, so I thought I'd give it a go.


Taking my list up to the front "pickup" area, a lady filled my bag with the products that where then paid for. 
My goodies (eyeshadow courtesy of the lovely Aalia!)
I browsed around the rest of the floor; there was an ominous stand of clothes and a table of jewellery that was actually on sale for half price:
If I wasn't on a spending budget I would have at least bought two items from this rack, the brand was "Never Fully Dressed" and they had a great t-shirt and maxi dress that I loved!

At this point I was a bit peckish and right on cue some pretty petit macarons appeared on a table:
And after having a bite of a vanilla macaron (literally!) I spotted a very familiar looking stunning lady past the neon T4 sign. It was T4's Jameela Jamil, who I've always thought is absolutely gorgeous and really is in real life.
She spotted us trying to take a picture which looked quite odd so we came forward trying to convince her we weren't groupies and managed to get some pics with her:

Me posing with my tattoo and Jameela clearly in love with Numera's hair haha!
After this, we decided to go Nando's to eat and have a look at purchases and goodie bags.
L-R: Asmaa, Numera, Aalia, Me, Saman
Do click the names for their blogs, they're great girls!

All in all, I actually enjoyed the Bourjois event and certainly meeting up with the girls so I look forward to the next meetup!

10 comments:

  1. I got 55 too and I think its too light for me =( knew i should have picked up 56. I got 81 lipstick too =D and the felt tip liner which I think is great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! and lol you spent enough, I'd be surprised if you didn't have some the same as me haha! x

      Delete
  2. I went on my own yesterday and didn't look around so much especially as Jameela Jamil was filming and I was trying to stay out of shot! I ended up buying three lipsticks (also #81) and an eyeliner. I missed out on the macaroons tho :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well I only had one macaroon lol so you're alright.. What other lipsticks did you buy? xx

      Delete
  3. Nice Review!!
    I went on Saturday.. I had a good ol time!! Love the body art tat you received. Its too gorgeous!!
    Check out my page and review of the day:Hot Happenings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Glad you liked it, was defo a nice and girly event.. and that body art she did for me was very pretty and tattoo-like!

      x

      Delete
  4. I tried the felt tip liner and so far so good =)
    And the signature looks great!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the pigmentation of it! But I'm finding it shiny =/
      Haha thanks for the acknowledgement ;)

      Delete
  5. That pattern on your hand looks amazing and so do you mashAllah. And omyAllah, macaroons! -YUM-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks =$
      And you gotta love macaroons! <3

      Delete

I'd love for you to leave me some comments.. they make me happy!

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)